Friday, February 5, 2010

Why doesnt one of my fingernails have a cuticle?

just wondering...............


my finger by the liitle one on my left hand has no cuticle. I push back all the others but there is nothing there and i havent done anything to it. The nail on that finger grows at a slight angle but i was told my a nail technician that people usually have the odd wonky nail, would that affect it? I used to bite my nails but stopped years ago, could that have done it?Why doesnt one of my fingernails have a cuticle?
It's probably there, but way down and you just can't see it. Lots of people have a few nails that grow naturally like that. It's just the way a particular nail is attached. There was an era when it was considered beautiful to have noticeable cuticles, but it doesn't seem to bother many people these days. Injury can make nails grow crooked and misshapen, but just nibbling the top wouldn't make much difference.


The main thing is to have strong, healthy, shiny nails which will endure the hard knocks life throws at them and still go on protecting the tender fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment