Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Looking for the best way to repair/regrow a cuticle.?

All my fingernails look and grow fine, but one of my thumbnails looks like it doesn't have a cuticle at all and it drives me crazy. I don't know much about it, but is there a simple way to make it regrow?Looking for the best way to repair/regrow a cuticle.?
My guess as to why no one else has answered this yet is that it's kind of difficult to understand what you mean when you say the thumb looks like it doesn't have a cuticle at all. However, I can tell you that there is no way to grow a cuticle in a place where there wasn't one to begin with. It's probable that this is just the way that finger is formed.





On the other hand, if the cuticle was torn off at some point, and you just want to heal it, your best chance is to make the skin healthier, and the way to do that is by using moisturizer on the cuticle a few (2-3) times a day. It is absolutely the only way to encourage cell growth.





Just as a side note, ';cuticle creams'; are nothing more than moisturizers. Any good moisturizer will do the trick, and by ';good,'; I don't mean incredibly expensive... one of the Vaseline Intensive Care or Cetaphil lotions (or something else like them) would work just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment