Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is bactrim antibiotic ok to take for a allergic reaction on my cuticle/finger?

ive taken it for 2 days now and it looks like its getting better, but i would like to know if bactrim can be used for any type of infectionIs bactrim antibiotic ok to take for a allergic reaction on my cuticle/finger?
It sounds like a weird statement to me, for a couple of reasons:





1. If you have an allergic reaction, antibiotics is not the treatment - generally we used stuff like anti-histamines for allergy.





2. If you had a skin infection, then bactrim would not be my first choice (I'd prescribe something like dicloxacillin).





Having said all that, bactrim will cover some pathogens, so if it's getting better, then I guess you can be reassured!Is bactrim antibiotic ok to take for a allergic reaction on my cuticle/finger?
Definitely ask a doctor that's the best way to get medical information.

No comments:

Post a Comment