Friday, February 5, 2010

If my nail is severely damaged near the cuticle but still growing at the end will the entire nail recuperate?

I damaged the cuticle area of my nail so badly that there is no nail left there just hard skin. I noticed that the yellow/white part at the free end is still growing at the same speed as my other nails. Also, around the corners of the cuticle area some nail is growing forward. The middle, however, of this area does not appear to be growing out (yet?). Will the entire nail recuperate or is this middle section gone forever??If my nail is severely damaged near the cuticle but still growing at the end will the entire nail recuperate?
My mother is a nail tech, and she told me you should go to a nail salon, which they will have a special nail coating that will recover your nail. It will be about 5 bucks as well. Also don't worry about feeling weird, I see fat guys come in all the time for a pedicure. Good Luck though!If my nail is severely damaged near the cuticle but still growing at the end will the entire nail recuperate?
Normally the entire nail returns. It does take time and protection from re-injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment