Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Nail Techs. I am wondering what drill bit you use to file around the cuticle area?

I am still using sanding bits because I find that when I use the carbides, I tend to cut and I don't want to do that.Nail Techs. I am wondering what drill bit you use to file around the cuticle area?
Use of sanding bands around the cuticle area is not a good idea. And true, a standard carbide barrel bit can easily cut the skin.


I highly recommend using a specially designed carbide bit called the ';Vicki Peters Safety Bit.'; Its tapered, and rounded at the tip. The tip itself is smooth and won't cut skin. Its a great bit. Here is a link for them. Click on the link, then on that web page, click on ';3/32 Silver Carbide Bits.'; Its the first bit listed on that second page, and is called ';CARBIDE SILVER 3/32 VP SAFETY BIT,'; $15):


http://host125.ebm.bestsoftwarehost.com/鈥?/a>


Also, no need to worry about sanitation if you do things properly. Just clean the bit after use - I find that a stiff nail brush work well for this - and place into an approved hospital-grade disinfection solution for 10 minutes, remove, and always dry them before storage, or it could rust. Don't leave the bit in any longer than 10 minutes though, as this can also cause rusting.Nail Techs. I am wondering what drill bit you use to file around the cuticle area?
You know I have had my nail license for years and I still use a file. Yep it may take longer but clients always appreciate that I am looking out for the care of their hands and not looking for shortcuts to finish quickly. I will not even go to a nail tech who is willing to use a bit anywhere near my cuticles. No way. Plus it is unsanitary to keep using the same bit on different people. Have more respect for your customers and use a new file for each one. I also like to give the file to them because women love free stuff!!
I always use a file to do the cuticle area, you can sanitise them and you should always use barbicide on your drill bits to stop the spread of any infection.
i don't know what exactly you bought but check if the place you bought it has a website and see if they have a description of each tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment